Firstly, identify the purpose of Table Settings: Formal, Casual, Or Buffet
Whichever the purpose of Table Setting, ultimately the comfort of your guests should be top priority. Each style has its own guidelines. However, the goal should be to have a table that is attractive and comfortable.
The different types of table settings do not require different tableware. You don’t need to have expensive cutlery. The tableware must fit into its surroundings and that the tableware, tablecloth, napkins, centrepiece, and other accessories complement each other and looks well together.
Below is a guide to the table setting:
- Formal Table Setting
2. Casual Table Setting
3. Buffet Table Setting
- Start with plates, followed by side dishes, main dish, vegetables, salads, breads, and relishes.
- The utensils are placed at the end of the buffet.
- Table decorations are placed above and in center of buffet arrangement.
- Set drinks, glasses, cups and dessert on a separate table to avoid congestion.
- If choosing to use paper napkins, the napkins may be placed between each plate in the stack to conserve space (not more than 12 plates per stack)
- See the setting below:
Read more: Recipetips
“Worries go down better with Soup.” Jewish Proverb