The word “detox” seems to have a horrifying image of a miserable version of yourself consume nothing but water, cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
Detoxification is not as scary as it sounds. You can refresh your body gradually with natural foods without starving. Below are some of the foods known to cleanse our system:
- Cucumber – contains around 95% water which helps flush out toxins and alkalize the body while delivering a powerful nutrient punch.
- Garlic – stimulates the liver to encourage production of detoxification enzymes.
- Turmeric – stimulates liver function while being a great addition to your diet for all-around health).
- Mung beans – used by Ayurvedic doctors for thousands of years, this easily digestible bean absorbs toxic residue from the intestinal walls.
- Grapefruit – lowers cholesterol, prevents kidney stones and aids the digestive system.
Read more: Bodyunburdened
“The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking, you’ve got to have a what-the-hell attitude.” ― Julia Child