There are many reasons why people opt to Plant-based milk. It could be due to digestion issue, dairy milk allergy, lactose intolerance or purely ethical. Below are some of the plant-based drinks that can suit individual taste buds:
- Coconut Milk – is sweet and creamy due to its higher content of healthy fat. It’s a bit thicker than other dairy alternatives. Commonly used in coffee instead of creamer.
- Soy Milk – has a rich taste and texture. It contains 11 grams of the protein compared to 8 grams found in skim milk.
- Rice milk – tastes much different than nut milks. It is closer in taste to regular dairy milk, though it tends to be a bit more watery.
- Quinoa milk – it is harder to find than other dairy alternatives, but it’s becoming increasingly trendy.
- Hemp milk – is made from the hemp seed, nothing else. It tends to be on the watery side with a nutty flavor.
Read more: Non-Dairy Alternatives
“Count the Memories, not the Calories.” – Unknown