Good things come in small packages. True indeed when it comes to Nuts. These bite-size nutritional powerhouses are packed with heart-healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Best nuts for diet – Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios. All nuts are about equal in terms of calories per ounce, and in moderation, are all healthy additions to any diet. “Their mix of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and fiber will help you feel full and suppress your appetite.
- Best nuts for heart – Walnuts. Walnuts (14 halves contain 185 calories, 18 grams fat, 4 grams protein) have high amounts of heart-healthy alpha linoleic acid (ALA), a type of omega-3 fatty acid found in plants. Research has suggested that ALA may help heart arrhythmias. Walnuts are effective at reducing inflammation and oxidation in the arteries after eating a fatty meal.
- Best nuts for brain – Peanuts. Technically peanuts are legumes but generally referred to as nuts. Peanuts are high in folate—a mineral essential for brain development that may protect against cognitive decline.
- Best nuts for disease prevention – Almonds. Relatively low in calories, almonds have more calcium than any other nut, making them a great food for overall health.
- Best nuts for men – Brazil Nuts, Pecans. Creamy Brazil nuts are packed with selenium, a mineral that may protect against prostate cancer and other diseases. Just one nut contains more than a day’s worth.
Read more: Health
“Cooking is LOVE made edible.” Unknown