Generally, nuts are good sources of fat, fiber and protein. Most of the fat in nuts is monounsaturated fat, as well as omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fat. However, they do contain some saturated fat. Nuts also contain a number of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium and vitamin E.
Other benefits of eating nuts:
- reduce risk factors for metabolic syndromes, such as high blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- reduce the risk of other chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, heart diseases, and certain cancers
Nuts you can enjoy:
- Almonds – may improve cholesterol levels
- Pistachios – may help improve other risk factors for heart disease, including blood pressure, weight and oxidative status.
- Walnuts – reduces total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol, while increasing “good” HDL cholesterol
Read more: Authority Nutrition
Chocolate is the answer. Who cares what the question is? – by culinaryon.sg